The holidays have come upon us. I don’t know about you, but this year seemed to go by slow up until Halloween time. Ever since then everything feels to go by so fast. I’m currently in school, and I’m at the end of the semester. It crept up on me. I have so much school work to finish. That’s why this site has been neglected some. I apologize to those who have visited recently.
I would like to show you some Holiday Events around my side of town. I will work on getting some for the other big cities of Texas. The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of year. Cool weather shows up this time of year (It doesn’t get cold in Houston).
Greater Houston Area Holiday Events
The Woodlands – Check out Holiday in the Woodlands.
- Ice skating rink
- Winter Wonderland
- Holiday Market
- Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens - check out the website for the current schedule. The lights are a nightly event, but there are other events such as the Magical Christmas Dinner.
- Dickens on the Strand – This has to be one of my favorite places to go during the holidays, but due to my schedule I was not able to go this year. You will travel back in time to the era of Charles Dickens. You will see people dressed up in the Elizabethan era clothing. You will hear choirs caroling up and down the Strand District. A must see. Only comes to town for one weekend a year.
- Discovery Green – Ice skate in downtown Houston at discovery green. Check it out at ICE at Discovery Green.
- Memorial City Mall Light Show – do a little Christmas shopping then catch the daily light show.
- Houston Zoo Lights is the newest attraction this year. Check it out this holiday season.
More to come! Hopefully
Merry Christmas to all!